Ok first off this article comes from the EFF so take it with a grain of salt... But if even half of this stuff isn't exaggerated... There goes the usefulness of TiVo and everything like it.
So if I'm reading this right I DVR something like lets say a pay-per-view football game because I'm going to be out of town. By the time I get back in town it will have been erased?
The full article is here. And they have links to gripe at your representative if you find this as disturbing as I do.
Analog video which has been branded as "do not copy", will last for only ninety minutes only in the digital world - and will be erased, literally frame by frame, megabyte by megabyte, from your PC, without your control. You'll watch a two hour film, and as you watch the final half hour, the first few scenes will be being dissolved away by statute.
So if I'm reading this right I DVR something like lets say a pay-per-view football game because I'm going to be out of town. By the time I get back in town it will have been erased?
The full article is here. And they have links to gripe at your representative if you find this as disturbing as I do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home