I think this is a pretty good idea and a little more practical than naming a star after someone or that kinda thing. Granted it is sorta tree huggerish.
Seriously, though - this reminds me of the scam that people used to run selling farmland in Florida to people who would get there and find out it was in the Okeefenokee Swamp or in the middle of Lake Okeechobee or something. I *know* it's a legitimate company, but who's to say that some poor Amazonian farmer isn't going to burn down someone else's land to feed his family? Shit, I would.
1 Comments:
And what's wrong with hugging trees?
Seriously, though - this reminds me of the scam that people used to run selling farmland in Florida to people who would get there and find out it was in the Okeefenokee Swamp or in the middle of Lake Okeechobee or something. I *know* it's a legitimate company, but who's to say that some poor Amazonian farmer isn't going to burn down someone else's land to feed his family? Shit, I would.
Post a Comment
<< Home