Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another A&M grad making us all look bad...

So this A&M grad who was appointed to NASA decided to take the Big Bang is just an opinion stance. All we need is media attention about how our grads don't know their science.

I'm also kinda upset that this guy gets a science appointment without a science background. He was in the "war room" of an election campaign.. it seems like he'd be more at home in the presidents spin group... not in a science position. But then again Bush's administration doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes to science.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is wrong with calling a theory a theory. Sorry you can't track a debate and realize there is more than one theory. at least he only said to add theory after all mentions rather than say there needed to be equal posting.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He's saying that NASA, a government agency, needs to give equal coverage to religous views... that is not its job. Also theory does not equal opinion... theory is a hypothosis backed up by observation, an opinion is just that one persons viewpoint... thats the problem I have with his statement, I really don't have a problem with him asking that they mention that the Big Bang is just a theory, because it is just a theory. I have a problem with his statement that it is an opinion.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home